All-Natural Beauty Products - From the Kitchen
WAUKEGAN, ILL - Brisk fall weather is upon us, with that comes dry skin from the cooler air and winds. Seasonal skin problems can be solved this year with all-natural treatments and products that are free of harsh chemicals - a healthier option for the body and the environment. Money can be saved on expensive natural products too by using kitchen pantry staples to create DIY spa treatments for glowing skin at home.
Nielsen-Massey Vanillas, the makers of fine vanillas and flavors, has pure flavor products made from high quality natural oils and several all-natural vanilla products. Just a drop of Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract can be added to any DIY spa recipe for improved skin tone, calming aromatherapy, and healthy antioxidants.
Try these spa ideas from Nielsen-Massey for fresh fall skin with common kitchen ingredients:
• Use leftover green tea bags and place on eyes to remove dark circles and puffiness.
• Lemon oil is known to have a calming effect on the body. Mix Pure Lemon Extract with water for a beneficial skin treatment for dry skin.
• Hydrate skin with a honey facemask - spread raw honey on face, leave for 20 minutes, rise off for smooth skin
• Coconut oil moisturizes skin and is known to help heal small bumps and bruises.
• Combine a splash of Rose Water with water and put into a spritzer bottle - keep it in the car or purse for a fresh scent (or leave it in the refrigerator for a cooling morning mist).
"I use vanilla sugar in my homemade body scrub. The scent is relaxing and it’s an affordable way to treat myself to a little pampering," explains Beth Nielsen, chief culinary officer of Nielsen-Massey.
For smooth skin, try Nielsen’s DIY Vanilla Body Scrub recipe below.
Vanilla Body Scrub
1 cup Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 or 2 drops of an essential oil such as lavender, eucalyptus, etc.
Decorative, waterproof container
1. Mix ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Spoon into a decorative, waterproof container
3. Wrap in decorative paper.
Instructions for use: Apply a small amount to damp skin while in shower or bath. Gently scrub skin with a soft washcloth. Rinse thoroughly.
Throughout its more than 100 year history, Nielsen-Massey Vanillas has earned its reputation as a manufacturer of the finest extracts in the world.
The full line of Nielsen-Massey’s Pure Vanilla products include: Vanilla Beans and Extracts from Madagascar, Tahiti and Mexico; sugar and alcohol-free Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Powder; Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Bean Paste; Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar and Certified Organic Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract and Beans.
Nielsen-Massey Vanillas also has a line of Pure Flavors: Pure Chocolate Extract, Pure Almond Extract, Pure Orange Extract, Pure Lemon Extract, Pure Coffee Extract, Pure Peppermint Extract, Orange Blossom Water and Rose Water.
All Nielsen-Massey products are Allergen-Free and certified kosher and Gluten-Free.
The company is headquartered in Waukegan, Illinois, with production facilities in Waukegan and Leeuwarden, The Netherlands.